Sour Cream Noodle Bake. The Pioneer Woman.com
Just thought you might be interested in my menu for next week…I’m even starting to spill into the week AFTER that because there are so many thing I want to make!
Here’s the plan:
- Sunday: Pot Roast with Carrots, Mushrooms & Onions cooked in red wine & tomato paste (SUPER decadent and how I usually make my roasts) Served with Mashed Potatoes
- Monday: (Day Off 🙂 )Roasted Chicken with Roasted Beets and Mashed Potatoes. Yellow Cake with Raspberry, Orange and Whipped Cream Frosting for dessert my friend is coming over for her birthday and I have been promising her this cake, a variation on a favorite from her childhood, for probably a good 3 years!..oh and I got her hooked on roasted beets too so those are a given 😉
- Tuesday: Cheesy Leftovers & Rice Casserole! I’m planning on taking any leftover chicken, adding some of the leftover veggies cut up and mixing them with brown rice, cream of mushroom soup, a little Chobani and some cheese. Sounds good to me!
- Wednesday: Baked Falafel with Tatziki Sauce. Now that I have my falafel from my trip to Ed’s, I need to use it! It’ll be meatless Wednesday! 🙂
- Thursday: Sour Cream Noodle Bake. Thanks Pioneer Woman! The CookinFanatic made this a few weeks ago, she beat me to it after seeing it on the Pioneer Woman’s site and I now I have to make it!
- Friday: Pizza. uhh, theres a reason I stocked up on frozen pizza last week! It’s pizza and wine Friday night! I’m thinking maybe either Hawaiian or garden veggie.
- Saturday: Frittatas (and lots of them, I’ll be decorating Easter Eggs with Friends!) and possible some Potato, Bacon and Leek Pizza courtesy of the Pioneer Woman’s Cookbook (I broke down and bought it online yesterday after previewing it from the library).
Now here’s a preview of what I’m thinking for the following week. I’ll be starting my new job and I haven’t the slightest clue what my hours will be like so I’m keeping the planning light for now until I get a feel for it 🙂
~Meditteranean Pasta salad with grilled greek chicken, orzo, feta and roasted cherry tomatoes (mmmm)
~Thanksgiving Casserole with Turkey Meatballs, Turkey Gravy and Stuffing served with mashed potatoes and green beans. (uhm hello, tell me this isn’t a good idea! No really, just try to tell me, I will probably laugh at your silliness)
~Homemade Fish Sticks (I’ve seen no less than 4 posts on oven baked cod or fish sticks in the last 2 weeks…I think it’s time I made some!) with baked Chipotle Honey Sweet Potato “Fries”
aaand that’s all I have for the moment. I still have a lot of recipes in my stack at home to look through so as soon as I know, I’ll let YOU know! I just thought I’d give you a little something to look forward to for next week. 😉
Ok, I’m off to write my grocery list now, tootles!
Happy dining everyone!
Tell me, do you ever plan your dinners for the week? Or do you just like wing it? Share with the group please! 🙂