In case you haven’t noticed, I’m a Foodbuzz Featured Publisher, something I take great pride in.
If you have never ventured over to Foodbuzz and you’re a foodie, please do.
As part of being a member (featured publisher or not), my inbox gets simply FLOODED with the most amazing recipes from the most amazing people, all over the world! Turkey, India, China, Australia and alll over the U.S.. It really sets my heart aflutter when I realize that we can all connect over a mutual love and respect of food, food of all types and varieties.
I have a confession to make to you however; I don’t read all the recipe posts that make it into my inbox!
Yes, I’m so sorry! Ok! I’m really cut up about it! The serious people pleaser in me keeps waking up screaming blood murder about it in the middle of the night.
The reality is though, if I go even a few days without taking a peek in my Foodbuzz inbox, it turns into a BIG, GiAnT, scary, snarly monster- I’ll have 300 messages if I leave it a few days and that’s no joke.
I find myself avoiding it actually, which is really very silly. I so very seriously under-utilize this invaluable resource. I should be ashamed, and deeply so.
So this is what I do, just to give you a little run down on how my food/internet experience works.
I have a select few blogs that I read simply every-single-day.
The unfortunate few (they have to put up with me and my comments near daily) are as follows:
- The Pioneer Woman (natch)
- CookinFanatic (as if you didn’t know as I steal her ideas and use them her CONSTANTLY, that Chobani lovin chicks got talent! 😉 )
- Scarletta Bakes (this girl is so flipping funny, I don’t even care what she’s making sometimes I just like to have a laugh, but make not a single mistake, she comes up with some of the most unique and creative recipes I’ve ever seen, she’s an inspiration…and she makes me feel like I have no idea what I’m doing)
- Can You Stay For Dinner? (she’s a new find and fellow Mass native! She also makes me split my side laughing and her story of weight loss and maintenance is truly inspiring and motivating, shes awesome)
- The Granola Chronicles (I do love my granola! She’s very good about comment responses too, she sure does seem like a nice girl!)
- Healthful Pursuit (hands down one of the BEST resources for amazing and super healthy recipes and this chick is serious, I don’t think she has ever missed a day. She makes me look bad)
Now, I could go on and on and please, do not misunderstand me, there are many MANY other food bloggers that I love, I just, for whatever reason, gravitate towards these few every day.
Now back to my googly eyed, purple monster of a Foodbuzz inbox. This is how I approach it;
- I make sure I can see the maximum number of messages (100)
- I then delete the ones from the blog I read anyway like Scarletta Bakes and Healthful Pursuit because, well I’m going to read them ANYWAYS.
- I then, I can’t believe how horrible and cruel this sounds but..I delete the ones I’m not interested in! Phew, there, I said it! If it’s something I’ve made before or something I’m just not really interested in making ,or it doesn’t sounds interesting, I delete it. With over 300 recipes a week, there is no choice it’s survival of the fittest people! I’m drawn to catchy titles, I might as well let it all hang out. Like this one from April 1st, April Fools Day Sushi, that got my interest right away. This is awesome and as soon as my nephews come visit, I promise I’ll be making it!
- I then open the “messages” that are left, follow the link, make a decision on whether or not I’m interested, BUZZ IT if I like it of course, and then I print the recipes.
- *I have a PILE, nay, a STACK of printed out recipes that I have every intention of trying, but have yet to even consider. It’s a sickness. It’s my hording type collection.
- I keep the ones I want to remember to try, in my inbox so that I may glance upon them when I’m having trouble thinking of something fun and new to make.
Here is what I have whittled my inbox down to at the moment:
(I like lists, like a LOT have I ever told you that?)
- La Phemme Foodies Gluten-Free Blondies
- Cake Duchess No Need Knead Bread & Pear & Caramel Bundt Cake (I love everything about this. Ohh how I love pears and caramel!)
- Sticks Forks Fingers I’m Up! Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes (whats ont to love about combing my FAVORITE muffin with a pancake?!)
- A Zesty Bite Funfetti Cake Balls & Green Pork Chile Stew (I swear, she stole this idea RIGHT out of my head!), you know, as I just looked through all of her posts i think I need to be visiting her blog more often!
- Kate is Cooking Winemaker’s Grape Cake, Trout Hash (now THAT one pulled me right in, I love smoked trout, I love hash) & Duck Ravioli (this too, made me forsake all others and follow the happy link trail right on over)
- Steph’s Bit by Bite Blackberry Poptarts (Alton Brown once did a show on homemade poptarts…I had to see what Steph did!)
- Wilde in the Kitchen Rosemary Foccacia Bread (oh how I simply adore focaccia!) & English Muffins (sometimes I forget just how much I like english muffins..I had to know the secret!)
- The Cultural Dish Beer Battered Fish & Chips (this chick is local..I’m keepin an eye on her!)
- Savour the Senses Ritzy Spinach & Artichoke Tartlets (how could I turn THAT down?) & Chorizo, Shrimp & Rice Stuffed Poblano Chiles (ohhh I forgot how much I wanted to make this, I need to do it soon! I do love me some chorizo!)
- Burn Me Not Lemon Poppy Seed Tea Cakes (have I mentioned how much I like lemon poppy-seed? Just curious..Oh and she’s a LindsEy too, that just makes her ALL the cooler!)
- Ravie No Noms Triple Berry Scones (I’m trying very hard to like scones, really I am!) & Splendid Spiced Strawberry Muffins
- Tracy’s Culinary Adventures Baked Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs (MAN do those look good!) & Mini Orange Creamsicle Tarts (have I mentioned I like citrus?)
- Butrcream Blondi Pina Colada Cupcakes (I’m a big fan of turning drinks into cupcakes…it’s a think I have)
- L-Mo Cooks and Reads April Fools Day Sushi (natch) & Bacon & Leek Rissoto in Parmesan Cups (I love every, single, thing about this!)
I have printed countless more recipes and deleted the link so, please realize there are many other food blogger buddies out there that I didn’t include…but you’ll hear about them when I get around to making their recipes.
Now, did you see what I did there? I provided you with countless (actually you could count them if you are so inclined) recipes from other people, to distract from the fact that I myself have not given you anything in a week. Yeah, I’m sneaky like that. 😉
I hope you find some new favorite blogs but please, PLEASE don’t forget about me ok? I still love you, I’ll still give you recipes and embarrassing facts about myself to make your day a little brighter. So go forth and make some new food blog buddies, just come back now yah hear?!