TRAINING: Tomorrow! Bo-yah!
FOOD JOURNAL: (THIS IS SO VERY EXCITING!)
- BREAKFAST: smoothie with yogurt and almond milk and a banana and flax-seed and any other item i found in my fridge or freeze I though was health.
- LUNCH: Butternut Squash Soup (which everyone teased me about and said looked like baby food 😦 meany heads)
- SNACK: Stoneyfiled Farm tube yogurt (I still refuse to call it whatever silly name they actually gave it. It is tub yogurt as far as I’m concerned)
- DINNER: (TBE) are you ready for this….PIZZA AND WINE!!!!!!
I would like to start this post by saying I have found the Pioneer Woman and there is no going back. Matt & I will be moving to upstate Maine to start a mini cattle farm and home school our 4 children that we do not have. This starting as soon as I convince him of such.
How did I not know about her? HOW?! My friend Ali over at Tiny Wallet Style (which incidentally happens to be one of th cutest blogs ever) was raving about one of her recipes like a month ago and I was bored yesterday so I googled her. I am in love. This woman is hysterical and I SEEM to be the last person in the world to find this out. She’s got what, like 10 million followers? (That’s not an offical number don’t quote me on that.)
ANYWHO I will be buying her book anything else she happens to put out.
But this is not the exciting thing. I realize I’m coming off as a bit of a wine-o here but I want to assure you that is NOT the case and I plan on indulging only in moderation.
What is it about not being allowed to have something that makes you want it more? I realize this is the principle behind playing hard to get, but I was not happy that my beloved glass (or 2) over the weekends had been banned for my surgery. I.E. playing hard to get. I promise you very sincerely that I did not drink until I was 21, always do so responsibly and have NEVER been/had any of the following:
- so drunk that I could not walk/fell over (although I did fall down the stairs at a bar once in front of everyone but had not had a single drink..a drunk girl bumped into me, not selfs fault)
- said something I shouldn’t have/regretted saying (although I do tend to love everyone all the more after maybe 2 glasses of wine but they are all people I loved anyway so it’s not a big deal)
- blacked out
- forgotten where I was/who I was with…forgotten anything
- hung over. Nope, not once, every.
Needless to say I LOVE my wine because it’s yummy. Oh so yummy and yes, it makes me happy.
SO I went into the surgeeon’s office today (different surgeon, not sure how I felt about him) because one of my stitches was lose and hanging down in a loop behind one of my teeth. He poked around, cut one side and I thought, cut the other but half way back to work, it was hanging down 😦 grrr. I will deal with this later.
I called immediately afterwards and asked all th silly little questions I had forgotten to ask when I was there:
- can I eat SOFT pizza?
- can I eat baby greens as they aren’t crunchy?
- can I have a glass of wine seeing as how I’m done with my pain meds?
- Yes but be CAREFUL and cut it up really small (fair enough)
- YES but be careful and cut it up really small (okkk)
- Yes, but one. Don’t go crazy.
YESSSS!!!! lettuce and wine and pizza are all back in my life, although not exactly in that order.
Tomorrow I have to work a catering job, and Matt is working a detail. So by the time I get home, he will be leaving. 😦 BUT this means I get to fit in a great workout YAYYYY
I’m actually starting to look forward to Spring which is my second least favorite season behind Summer. With the winter we have had this year, I think even the hardiest of New Englanders are ready for the end, which is probably far away.
Warmer weather means snow melting, which means no more giant snow berms, which means I can start running outside. I’m trying to pump myself up here instead of thinking I’d rather pull out my own finger nails with rusty pliers. Yes I would MUCH rather go for a run than do that!
I going to take a little trip to my local Co-op (which is not so local) and see what I can find. I’ll come up with something good for dinner this weekend if it’s the last thing I do!
Have a great weekend everyone, and eat something crunchy for me!