- 20 minutes on the elliptical machine (various speeds)
- 15 push ups
- standing crunches in the shower (long story)
- BREAKFAST: 1 slice light oatmeal bread with 1 Tbs. Teddie’s Peanut Butter (after workout while RUNNING out the door with wet hair)
- 1 slice light cranberry quick bread (at morning meeting a few hours later. starving)
- 1 CUP (literally 8oz here. Not a giant full styrofoam cup) of coffee with 1 half&half and 1 raw sugar (I very nearly put Splenda in this and then slapped myself. no artificial crap. Bad Lindsey)
- LUNCH: 1 1/2 cups of Cooking Light’s Broccoli & Cheese Soup (recipe from yesterday, 1 serving), 1 cup of Pirate’s Booty (Rrr Booty!..OK I’ll stop) and 1 clementine (OMG this was SUCH a good clementine it made me deliriously happy!)
- TBE (To Be Eaten) SNACK: 18 All-Bran crackers (1 serving. remember we discussed this?) and 1 wedge light Laughing Cow cheese
- TBE DINNER: keep your fingers crossed for Chorizo and Soft Boiled Egg Salad with Sourdough Croutons (MMM!)
OK, OK I know what your thinking…
So day #2 didn’t get off to such a good start but I have a very legitimate excuse! I realized last night that I had a meeting, in the city, at 7:30am the next morning (today). After throwing my hands up in the air (figuratively) and making thin crust supreme frozen pizza last night (pathetic, I know!) I decided I was not about to wake up even earlier to get to the gym and do my planned Couch to 5k workout but would attempt to follow the general idea of said plan on my elliptical (good Craigslist invest).
I dutifully set my alarm and then woke up in a blind panick at 5:37am realizing, oh crap, it didn’t go off! So I threw in some contacts, hopped on the elliptical in my P.J.’s and bare feet and got in 20 minutes. I improvised the rest in the shower and ran out the door with just enough time to smear some of my beloved Teddie’s Peanut Butter on a piece of oatmeal bread.
Needless to say I didn’t get off to the best of starts this morning and I feel like I’ve been playing catch up ever since. However, the thing to remind myself of is this a. I at least got a workout in (proud of self for this) b. it’s not the end of the world.
I was planning on making a DELICIOUS Chorizo & Soft Boiled Egg Salad with grilled Sourdough Croutons last night (the man found online a few months ago, made it, and I fell in love and am obsessed) but that went out the window. I am ashamed to admit my pizza blunder BUT a. at least it was thin crust and b. at least it had some veggies on it. I topped it off with an Andes Mint cookie (like thin mints..only WAY better. INSANELY good) to add further insult to injury. Whatever.
TONIGHT I plan on making this salad if it kills me (provided Matt gets gas for the grill). I’ll include the recipe tomorrow BUT, here is a picture of what it looked like the first time we made it:
….Add what it’s SUPPOSE to look like (although I think ours isn’t too bad off! We have more greens so shoot us)